Ichtamol pasta contains ichthammol (1,5%) and zinc oxide (7,5%) is intended to care for skin prone to facial dermatoses. It soothes irritated skin.
The product has a distinct color and odor, which are not harmful.
Before you begin using this product, carefully read all the below stated instructions.
Keep the Instructions for Use in case you will need to read them again. If you have any other questions, consult your physician or pharmacist.
1. What is Ichtamol pasta
2. How does Ichtamol pasta work
3. How to use Ichtamol pasta
5. Storage and transportation conditions
1. What is Ichtamol pasta: Ichtamol pasta is packaged in a 30ml plastic tube. The tube is packaged in a box with the Instructions for Use.
Ingredients: Aqua, Bentonite, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol,Glycerin,Ichthammol, Sodium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethyl Citrate,Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499.
Warning for people allergic to parabens a lanolin – does not contain parabens and lanolin.
No added dyes, alcohol or perfumes.
2. How does Ichtamol pasta work: Ichtamol paste is intended for skin prone to facial dermatoses. It is also possible to apply it onto reddened skin, which it soothes. It is intended to care for the skin of children and adults. The paste can be used on newborns.
How Does Ichthammol Work?
Ichthammol and zinc oxide are among frequently used local dermatological medication in children (with regard to its safety even when applied long-term). Ichthammol (ichtamol, ichthyol) is a mixture of ingredients obtained by the sulphonation of bituminous oils. Traditionally, it was obtained by the distillation of fossil slate. . It has anti-itching, anti-inflammatory, ceratoplastic, antiseboroic and slightly antiseptic effects. It is slightly irritating, has low sensitizing potential, does not desensitize the skin when exposed to light. However, it has an unpleasant distinct odor and a brown-black color. Ichtamol is used in the treatment of sub acute forms of eczema (mainly atopic), seboroic and perioral dermatitis, for acute appearances of psoriasis, lichen ruber planus, pityriasis rosea and for acne vulgaris. Ichtamol has a similarly favorable curing effect as pix lithantracis (coal tar), without its undesired side effects (toxic influence on the liver and kidneys, local carcinogenicity when used long-term in higher concentrations).
(Source: Fadrhoncová A.,Pharmaco-Therapy of Dermatological Diseases, Page 211,Grada,1999)
How does Zincum oxydatum work?
Zincum oxydatum (zinc oxide, zinc flower) is an amorphous, fine, odor-free, white powder. It is acquired from natural zincite material. It has cooling, slightly astringent and mildly anti-septic effects. Zinc oxide is a part of the powders, suspensions, liquid powders and soft pastes, which are oftentimes used in children’s dermatology. Zinc oxide has a soothing effect and significantly promotes skin’s regeneration. Zinc products also have a positive effect on the healing process.
(Source: Fadrhoncová A., Pharmaco-therapy of skin diseases, p. 294,Grada,1999)
Based on the recommendation of dermatologists, Ichtamol pasta was created, which is sold in pharmacies over the counter. It contains the above mentioned agent as a basic component.
3. How to use Ichtamol pasta: Apply a thin, equal layer onto carefully cleaned and dry skin. Ideally, use a medicinal anti-septic soap without sodium lauryl sulfate (for example, Cutosan®) for cleaning the skin. Apply a thin layer 2-3 times per day onto the whole area of the affected skin. It is possible to use the product on newborns. A mild drying out of the treated areas is part of the effects. Therefore, we recommend to combine it with regular treatment of a soothing emollient (for example, AD Calcis®).
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use on burned and damaged skin. If there is no improvement of the skin or if skin irritation occurs, stop using the cream and consult your physician or pharmacist. Do not use in case of an allergy or hyper-sensitivity to any one of the product’s ingredients.
5. Storage and Transportation Conditions:
Store at a temperature from 5 to 25 °C, keep out of the reach of children, keep in its original package.
Do not use the product after the expiration date, which is stated on the box and on the tube.
Dr Konrad Pharma s.r.o., Pražská 442, 281 67, Stříbrná Skalice, Czech Republic, Mob.: (+420) 603 854 724, e-mail email@example.com
information is stated on the package
Volume: 30 ml
Usability: 36 months